Background

Monday, October 19, 2009

My Experiment




Hi gang! Hope everyone had a great weekend. I just wanted to share with you a little experiment that actually turned out not too bad. I wanted a metallic silver accent but had no silver paper left. So I grabbed a white die-cut star, rolled my rubber brayer in embossing ink and then all over the die cut, sprinkled it with silver embossing powder and viola!! I had a shiny silver star!!! One thing that I would suggest - that I didn't do - if you are going to try this - move your die cut from where you applied the embossing ink to a "dry" location before you apply the embossing powder. The brayer, of course, goes over the edges and your embossing powder will stick to any surface with ink - so you lose some powder. Just a thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment