Background

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Why I scrap...

So many articles and interviews ask scrappers this question and I agree with all of them - preserving memories, creative outlet, social aspect/shared hobby with friends, etc etc...

But I have always thought there is more to it then that. Half the time I put the layouts away in a scrapbook and rarely do I see anyone going back and looking through the albums. I don't go to many crops due to family and work obligations and because it's just too darn hard to pack everything up! So that means that I scrap solo most of the time...

So it finally came to me...I scrap because when I am really into designing and creating - I am really "in the moment" - I know that sounds cliche but it's true! I am only thinking about color and balance and clustering embellishments and journalling the story - I'm not worried about a client's file or what I am going to make for supper or typing up notes for the next meeting that I have to attend or anything like that! For just a few moments (possibly a couple of delightful hours!)I am only focused on my pictures and my papers. It is a fantastic (and much needed) distration from real life!

What's your 'why'?

No comments:

Post a Comment